Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Our Wishes: Get My PT is a community dedicated to the world of fitness where like minded individuals can connect, self educate and pick up tips and tricks of the industry. We want to create an experience that is fun, positive and stress free for everyone; to this end, Get My PT will not tolerate any form of harassment, unkindness, bullying, abuse or behaviour which causes upset or concern.
What and Where: This Code of Conduct applies to all of Get My PT’s platform – this includes “wall” comments, private messages, text messages, emails, face to face meetings, phone calls – any kind of communication deriving from Get My PT. If it is found that someone has gone against our code of conduct and violated this in any way, there could be a consequence of expulsion or a consequence at the discretion of the administrators.
How, when and who with: The Code of Conduct is applicable to everyone using Get My PT. We are creating a community and want people to feel welcome, confident and happy in their choice of fitness platform. Good examples of the behaviour and salutations that we are looking for include (but not exhaustively):
- Using positive, kind and welcoming language
- Understanding everyone has a different point of view and respecting that – it doesn’t mean you’re wrong and they’re right, it means it can be a calm and interesting discussion point
- Appreciating that constructive criticism is not, if worded correctly, negative – this can be a great learning point for you and a good way to understand potentially how your target market, or professionals may want to give you some pointers
- Look at the bigger picture – is what you are saying best for the overall conversation, community or individual? If not – then don’t say it… As our mother’s used to say – if you don’t have anything nice to say then just don’t say it.
- Remember to think about public statements and reviews fairly and wisely before posting. Perhaps there are issues or statements that could be clarified before the review, via our messaging functionality.
- Unfair reviews can be reported to Get My PT. Once reported, Get My PT will moderate and investigate and then report back on our decisions.
Get My PT is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all Get My PT spaces, both online and off. Some Get My PT spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Get My PT prioritises marginalised people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort.
Get My PT reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed by a member of Get My PT, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please use the “Report” button functionality on the “harassers” profile.
This code of conduct applies to Get My PT spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of Get My PT outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Get My PT members. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from Get My PT based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Get My PT spaces and behavior towards people who are not in Get My PT.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Get My PT members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Get My PT may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Get My PT spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Get My PT members or the general public.
Sexual harassment is a form of unlawful employment discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and is prohibited under Get My PT’s anti-harassment statement. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment is defined as “unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature … when … submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for employment decisions … or such conduct has the purpose or effect of … creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.”
Sexual harassment occurs when unsolicited and unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature:
- Is made explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment.
- Is used as a basis for an employment decision.
- Unreasonably interferes with an employee’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or otherwise offensive environment.
Sexual harassment may take different forms. The following examples of sexual harassment are intended to be guidelines and are not exclusive when determining whether there has been a violation of this policy:
- Verbal sexual harassment includes innuendoes, suggestive comments, jokes of a sexual nature, sexual propositions, lewd remarks and threats; requests for any type of sexual favor (this includes repeated, unwelcome requests for dates); and verbal abuse or “kidding” that is oriented toward a prohibitive form of harassment, including that which is sexual in nature and unwelcome.
- Nonverbal sexual harassment includes the distribution, display or discussion of any written or graphic material, including calendars, posters and cartoons that are sexually suggestive or show hostility toward an individual or group because of sex; suggestive or insulting sounds; leering; staring; whistling; obscene gestures; content in letters, notes, facsimiles, e-mails, photos, text messages, tweets and Internet postings; or other forms of communication that are sexual in nature and offensive.
- Physical sexual harassment includes unwelcome, unwanted physical contact, including touching, tickling, pinching, patting, brushing up against, hugging, cornering, kissing, fondling, and forced sexual intercourse or assault.
As with our Anti-Harassment statement, any Get My PT community members displaying any of the types of behaviour above, will be sanctioned or expelled from the community with immediate effect.